Tuesday, February 2, 2010

An Introduction

Greetings Blogosphere!

This blog is far past due, so it's time to get moving on it. My name is Annette and I'm joining my good friend Kate in Burgers and Barolo, a blog about food, drink, and you know... healthy living. Kate has a really great blog of her own that I've been a fan of for some time. Since we both love food, enjoy the drink and try to live as healthfully as we can while consuming it all, it seemed like a good idea to start a blog together. While our tastes are similar, we do not always agree. So think of us kind of like a Roger and Ebert of food.

Burgers and Barolo, huh? Yeah. See... we are going to cover the gamut from casual dining to fine dining, drinking at a dive bar or ultra chic martini lounge. Our main locale is the City Beautiful, Orlando, FL. However.. have fork, will travel! So don't be surprised to see different locations spotlighted every now and then.

So, a little about me. I've lived in Orlando for the majority of my life and consider it home. For a few years now I've been contributing my thoughts on Yelp and I still will, but here I'll expand a bit on my likes and dislikes and include fun pictures. I do also spend alot of time in the Tampa area, so some posts will include my exploits there.

I do not have any classical training in food. I started cooking pretty early with my family, I don't know exactly when.... but I do remember my Mom got sick of pushing me out of the kitchen and just put me to work. I spent my teens and 20s working in the restaurant industry, both front of the house and in the kitchen, and have family in the business still. I have alot of respect for the industry, but now I am mostly just a consumer.

That's it in a nutshell, so lets get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment